A group of Renodis volunteers recently spent an afternoon helping to pack food at Second Harvest Heartland's headquarters located in St Paul, MN. Second Harvest Heartland is the Upper Midwest’s largest hunger relief organization.
With the great organization and process of volunteer coordinators at Second Harvest Heartland, in a mere 4 hours Renodis volunteers were able to pack 850 boxes which means 24,650 pounds of food, 17 pallets, over 12 tons, or 20,542 meals for seniors!
Second Harvest Heartland is known for distributing great amounts of food quickly and efficiently; in 2012 alone, they collected, warehoused and distributed more than 76 million pounds of food. Second Harvest is also a member of Feeding America, a national network of more than 200 food banks serving every state in the United States.
If you are interested in more info on volunteering with Second Harvest Heartland, click here.
Related articles across the web
- Employee Spotlight: Mike Belmont, Enterprise Account Manager
- Renodis Blog Roundup: Most Popular Blogs of 2013
- Renodis Invited to Sponsor Minneapolis Mid-Market CIO Executive Summit for the Second Year in a Row
- Renodis Neighborhood Reported as "Hippest" Place in the US
- Second Harvest Heartland to Host "Bring Your Child to Serve Day"
- Second Harvest Heartland Urges 'Action' During Hunger Action Month
- Second Harvest Heartland Gets Major Pork Donation